Communication and Media (School of)
Combining communication, filmmaking, journalism, public relations and television and digital media, the School of Communication and Media provides groundbreaking programs that give students the tools they need to succeed in the communication and media industries. Students have opportunities to produce radio and television programs, make narrative or documentary films, develop public relations and health campaigns, do organizational consulting, or cover news and public affairs on multiple platforms. Students also pursue project-based activities through the Montclarion newspaper, the radio station (WMSC-FM), the Dumont Television Center, the Lambda Pi Eta Academic Honors Society, the PRSSA Chapter, and a thriving Internship program that connects students to the Center for Cooperative Media partners on campus and a vast network of placements in larger metropolitan areas.
The MA in Public and Organizational Relations is a highly marketable credential for both aspiring and seasoned professionals who wish to advance in fast-paced fields in communication and media in a wide range of corporate and nonprofit sectors.
- Communication and Media Arts Major (B.A.)
- Communication Studies Major (B.A.)
- Communication Studies Minor
- Filmmaking Major (B.F.A.)
- Journalism Major (B.A.)
- Journalism Minor
- Public Relations Major (B.A.)
- Television and Digital Media Major, Audio/Sound Design Concentration (B.A.)
- Television and Digital Media Major, Sports Media and Journalism Concentration (B.A.)
- Television and Digital Media Major, Television Production Concentration (B.A.)